Sunday, December 20, 2015

Makeup of the Week #1

Greetings!
My first makeup post, yay!
It's Winter Break, yay!!!
I don't really wear a whole lot of makeup to work, I'm always in a hurry and don't have time to put a lot of effort into my face. I'm always running late, haha. I try to at least throw on some mascara and liner, and the occasional tinted lip balm. But when you teach Kindergarten, appearances are the least bit important to the wee Padawans.


Today I'm going to share with you some products I've been using these past two weeks. It hasn't been a good week at work, but it's been a decent week for makeup. Enjoy. 💙



Before putting on makeup, I always moisturize with Vanishing Cream from Lush. Sorry, I didn't include it in a picture. I'm saving it for another post. Then I go in with a bit of Pore Filler from NYX, I find that my foundation stays on nicely all day with it. Since work has been stressful, I haven't been getting much sleep. So I conceal my under-eye circles and brighten up my face with the Instant Age Rewind. This is by far my favorite concealer, I haven't tried many but I like this one. After blending it in under the circles and around a little redness, I usually set it with the Lush Emotional Brilliance translucent powder. If I'm good on time or just feel like I want a bit more coverage, I'll dust a bit of the Amazonian Clay powder foundation from Tarte, I'm in the shade Light Neutral. And I LOVE that stuff!! I don't need a whole lot of coverage, but this little guy does it's job. It's build-able, but again I don't need full coverage.




For blush, I've been using the Milani powder blush in Tea Rose. It just gives me the right amount of flush and the packaging is too cute. And on days that I'm feeling cute, I'll thrown on a bit of highlight. I just use the ELF baked eyeshadow in Moonlight Serenade on the tops of my cheeks, along my nose, and a bit in the inner corners of my eyes.



For my eyes, I haven't been wearing eyeshadow this month. Like I mentioned, I'm always in a hurry so I don't have much time to work on my eyes. I've been trying ever so hard to perfect my winged liner, or master the cat-eye. Some days its "on point" others its just sister liner. I've really been enjoying the Tarte Precision Liner, it has a really thin tip which is great for drawing the wing shape. And for mascara I finally opened my CoverGirl Star Wars mascara, in honor of The Force Awakens. Its the same formula as the SuperSizer, just different packaging. This is one of my holy grail mascaras, it keeps the curl on my lashes and gives them volume. It's limited edition, but I believe it's still available.




And lastly, for lips I'll just use a tinted lip balm. Lately, I've been using the Kiss Me lip balm from Sephora in the shade Soda Pop. It smells just like Coca Cola, and it give me a nice berry tint. Pretty perfect for this still Fall season we've been having here. If I'm not wearing the lip balm, or wearing a bare lip, I'll lightly dab on some of the CoverGirl Star Wars lipstick. I really hate that they didn't have names, but the packaging is nice and sleek. Can you tell I love packaging? I have a few of them, but I'll wear the dark berry shade in 50. How boring is that? 50. They could've named it "Dark Side" or something related to the movies. Anywho, I really like this shade, but I'll wear it very lightly for work. Just enough to get some color on my lips.


I hope you enjoyed some of the things I've been using. What are make up are you wearing this week? I love to try new products.

Hope you all have a good week, 5 more days 'til Christmas.
Until next time,
Mayra :]

No comments:

Post a Comment