Saturday, March 5, 2016

January/February Favorites

Hello again everyone, two posts in one evening Mayra? :D

I know I've been MIA with my blogs but I've been SUPER busy and tired. So many good things have happened so far this year. Great changes happened with me at my job, I'm so excited to go to work everyday now. My little Kindergarten friends have grown and learned so much. Things with my car have been settled and I'm so happy to have it back and looking brand new. In case you missed it, my previous post is all about the drama with my car. And things with me and Ramon have been pretty good as well, I'm excited for this month because we're going away on vacation for Spring Break and we'll be celebrating our 3rd year together. 


It's been a pretty good two months for makeup, LOTS of new purchases and experimentation. So lets get started with my January & February favorites. 


Let's start with my favorite skin care favorite. Last week I repurchased this Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel for the third time. It's a great toner for oily skin, it helps with my pores and it doesn't dry my face out. The smell takes a bit to get used to but it's not very overpowering. I love to use this toner after I wash my face and before putting on moisturizer. I'm thinking about posting a more in depth look into my skin care routine, is that something you'd like to see?

In January I bought the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin concealer in the color Ivory. I was looking for a concealer for those days I didn't want to wear foundation. It's a great color match and it brightens up my under-eye area nicely, I think I like this one better than the Instant Age Rewind one. I just set it with a powder and it stays on all day, I haven't noticed it creasing on me so that's a plus.




In January I also I purchased Benefit's Dallas Blush and I am seriously loving it! This was definitely a "YouTube made me buy it" thing, and I'm happy I did. It actually looks kind of similar to the MAC Prism blush, but this one has more of a plum undertone rather than pink. I haven't tried this as a contour yet, still need too figure out how that works. *I know the picture is shitty, I took it last month in hopes of posting this in the beginning of Feb.*





Moving to eyes, I had to include this even though its a more recent purchase. I bought the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. Noveau Cheap posted about Beauty Brands friends & family sale and I immediately went on the site only to see that it was sold out!! So I ran, well drove, to the Beauty Brands store in Addison and I got the last one!!  Aside from my KVD Shade&Light palette, this has become a big favorite for me. I've been using this for the past week, I love this shade range. And of course it's adorable packaging and delicious smell, these shades are so soft and so easy to blend. 

My last favorite is a beauty tool, I wont insert a picture because it is currently dirty but its the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I just love how well it blends and just gives a natural finish to my foundation/concealer, I think I may even like this better than my Beauty Blender! Aside from last month, I've been using this sponge every day this week. The flat surface makes it so easy for me to blend my concealer under my eyes.

I also have some non-beauty favorites I want to share with you all, from wine to Netflix shows these are just some things I've been enjoying.

I've really been getting into red wines last month, I recently visited Total Wine and I was in love with the store. I wanted to buy so much but I limited myself to a couple of bottles, thanks to Ramon. I tried a few red wines for the first time, like Shiraz, Merlot and a few red blends. The San Antonio Cardinale Red Blend became my favorite wine, its a smooth sweet red wine. Another yummy red wine is the Rivata Casa Rossa, it's a yummy sparkling wine, almost like a red sparkling moscato.  

For Netflix shows I've been catching up on New Girl and I binged watched Fuller House. I actually loved it, despite the negative reviews it got. It's just like a more modern Full House, so I'm not sure what people are complaining about. It's just as cheesy and has the same adult humor, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. 

And my last non-beauty favorites are the newest additions to my Tsum Tsum collection. Last month I treated myself to some Star Wars Tsum Tsums, I now own a StormTrooper, Chewie, R2D2, Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker Tsums. Sadly the collection is sold out online and I wasn't able to get C3PO, Wicket or Boba Fett :( I don't think you can get these online, unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount on eBay.


That's all for my January/February favorites! What were some of your favorites for the months of January & February? If you'd like a review on anything I've mentioned in my posts, feel free to let me know. I would like to review more things for you all, so I'm pretty open to trying new beauty products.


I hope you all have a great March!

Until next time,
Mayra
:]

No comments:

Post a Comment