Sunday, January 10, 2016

NEW Wet N Wild ColorIcon Blush & Gel Polish review

As everyone knows, Wet n Wild released new products this month. Some items from this collection include brushes, contour palettes, gel nail polishes, and some blushes. I've been hunting for the brushes since the end of December, some of their things were released early. I'm still going to look around for the brushes, but in the meantime I'll share some of the things I got. As a disclaimer, what I got was gifted to me by my boyfriend. I'm not being paid to talk about these products, and these are my own opinions.

All but one of the blushes are reformulated and come in new packaging, which includes a cruelty free logo on the package. As far as I know WNW has always been cruelty free, so now that they've added the bunny on their products it probably makes the Cruelty Free community pretty excited.

The shades I got were Mellow Wine and Rose Champagne, these shades are nice and very wearable. I was going to swatch them but my lighting doesn't do them justice.

I already own Mellow Wine in the old packaging, you cant tell that I've used it because its soooo pigmented. Just lightly tap your brush in there and you're good. I really don't notice much of a difference between the old and new formula. Maybe the only difference I see is that the new formula is warmer in color.

I was skeptical about getting Rose Champagne because its so light, but I actually really like how it gives me more of a nude flush to my cheeks. I couldn't get a good swatch, it was too light and blended with my skin tone.

Ramon also bought me two of the 1 Step Wonder Gel polishes, I got the shades All That Jazzy! and Crime of Passion. I believe there are 18 shades total, and I saw CVS has three exclusive colors.

All That Jazzy! is more of a gold-ish, champagne color, I'm so horrible at describing shades. I like it but I feel like it's more of a top coat, I tried wearing it alone but I wasn't feeling it. I layered it over a nude shade and I looked a bit better.

Crime of Passion is just your basic red, I love red nail polish so I was immediately drawn to this one. It's a pretty okay formula, they last a few days so nothing too miraculous.

Those are all the products I got for now. I'm definitely going to get the brushes and I want to try the Max Fanatic Cat Eye Mascara. If I knew the first thing about contour I'd definitely want to try the palettes, but for now I'll stick to what I got. What new products did you all get?

Until next time,
Mayra
:]

No comments:

Post a Comment