Friday, June 17, 2016

Play! by Sephora June

Hello everyone! 

Last month I finally made it off the waiting list for the Play by Sephora subscription box. I've seen reviews and IG posts about the box and it seemed like a fun service. I was subscribed to Ipsy for a few months, I didn't like it at all. I only ended up liking like 2 items out of about 6 months worth of stuff. I was a bit skeptical about signing up for the Sephora box, but at least this box would actually contain "high end" samples.

I really liked last month's box! It included a drawstring bag, along with two lip products, three face masks, a hair mask, and of course the perfume samples. I fell in love with the hair mask, it's by the brand Briogeo. My hair felt so soft for days!! The Origins charcoal mask was amazing to try out, I'm definitely going to get it on my next Sephora visit. As far as the lip products go, I haven't tried the mini Bite lipstick. It's in the shade Kimichi, I've heard good things about the Bite lipsticks. I also got a Tarte Tartiest lip liner, it's a really pretty "my lips but better" shade. 

This month's box has some pretty neat samples. We'll get the perfume sample out of the way, Florence by TOCCA. I can't tell right off the bat that I won't be using it. The smell reminds me of older teachers, too mean?

The next sample I got is the BareMinerals BareSkin Sheer Sun. I'm not a big fan of BareMinerals, but this little guy seems like it would give me a nice, glowy bronzed look.

While we're on the topic of sun, the box also included a mini Tarte Tarteguard 30. I don't have a sunscreen, so I'm curious to see how this works. And it also has SPF 30, so that'll be good for the scorching sunny days we'll have here in Texas.

I also got a mini They're Real! mascara from Benefit. I've tried this mascara before and I really like it. It doesn't hold my curl as great as RollerLash, but it does make them look nice and voluminous.

I just realized this box has quite a bit of samples, haha. I have the Becca Backlight Priming Filter, it got it in a set I got not too long ago. I haven't tried it but I've heard good things. So now I have two of them, in case I like it.

And the final item I got is the Bumble and Bumble 'Don't blow it' hair styler. I've never tried anything from this brand, but I'll try it. I don't really do much to my hair, so I wouldn't really know how to use it.

That's all from my Sephora box. So far I think I'll enjoy using these mini products. I believe the theme for this box was Minimalist, I don't have the booklet on me. I'll let you know what I liked using from this month's box on my nextra months post.
Let me know if you liked anything from this month's box, or if you are subscribed as well.
Until next time,
Mayra :]

No comments:

Post a Comment